Who We Are
The Association of Women Lawyers is responsible for the promotion of the rights, welfare and professional development of women lawyers and law graduates in Malaysia.
It is an organization to eliminate discrimination and ensure full and equal participation of women lawyers and law graduates in the legal and related fields.
It aims to ensure the attainment and full enjoyment of all rights for women from all walks of like based on principles of substantive equality.
- To promote and increase the participation of women in all levels of judicial, legal and public institutions.
- To provide education, gender sensitization and awareness in legal and related fields.
- To monitor laws, legislation, policies and practice directions and to advocate reforms that ensure promotion of equality and eradication of all forms of discrimination against women.
- To promote the adoption and implementation of international human rights standards, principles and norms.
- To collaborate nationally, regionally and internationally with interested groups that share similar aims and objectives.
- To liaise with other Women Lawyers Groups at the national, regional and international levels.
- To provide a professional and social network for women lawyers and law graduates in Malaysia.